JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I just purchased a samsung UE40KU6400 in France and I cannot

Customer Question

I just purchased a samsung UE40KU6400 in France and I cannot get any tv channels.
I have connected it directly to a sat dish having selected the astra2 sat and nothing. I have connected it to a Manhattan freesat box and also I get nothing.
It is connected to the internet.
My other telly is working fine on the same dish and I get all the english free channels.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on first setup I entered my geographical area as France......I was given the option to enter England. Can I change the original settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great....I did that with a French samsung support person and she connected me to the astra 1 sat and the picture was awful.....and my French is not very good......It would be better i I could call you at the same time if that's possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it sounds like we need to update your TV settings to take into account the country your in and then re tune.

The quickest way to do this would be to do a factory reset on the TV itself.

1. Turn the TV On, and Press the Menu button on the remote.

2. Navigate to Support (normally last option)

3. Select the option for Diagnostics \ self help \ self dianosis

4. Select Reset

5. If prompted for a PIN you havent set use 0000

6. Confirm you wish to do a reset by pressing yes.

The TV will then take a while to do a reset, and should then allow you to go through the welcome screen and program the TV with the English defaults, if you still have difficulties its suggested you upgrade the software on the TV. This can be performed by going back into the Self Diagnosis menu screen and selecting the option for 'Software Update', this should then download the latest software patches over the internet.

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to check if you needed any further assistance?