*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Cant find my dvb setting in my 24 inch panasonic led tv?

Customer Question

Hi, cant find my dvb setting in my 24 inch panasonic led tv ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 5 months ago.

The solution to this is twofold. First, turn off the 'New Service Message' or 'New Channel Message' (please see your instruction manual for information on where to find this option in the menu). This will prevent the signals from the incorrect transmitter from prompting you to do a complete retune on your unit.

Second, if your unit is a 2007 model or later*, you will be able to manually tune the product. Before manually tuning the product, please contact Digital UK (08456 505050) to verify the channels that you will need to tune (you will be given no more than 7 channels to tune). Once you have these numbers, start the Auto Setup, but cancel it by pressing Exit or Return on the remote before it tunes anything in. This will delete all incorrect tuning information.

Then go back into the menus and go to (DVB) Manual Tuning. The highlighted line will say Frequency [CH21] or Frequency [DVBCH21].

• Press the up arrow button (above the OK) on your remote control to change the 21 to the first channel number that you have been advised of by Digital UK.
  • Confirm that the Signal Quality and Signal Strength bars are at least 3/4 of the way to the 10 (if the bars are less than 3/4 of the way to the 10, then you have a low signal coming into the unit on this frequency, and the stations may not tune in; if you do not see any bars, then the unit does not detect a signal and will not tune in the stations on this frequency).
  • Press OK to tune in the stations available on that frequency.
  • Once the names of the stations appear on the screen (this could take up to about 30 seconds), press the up arrow button again (above the OK) to go to the next channel. Verify the Signal Quality and Signal Strength bars again, then press OK to tune these stations. After doing this for all of the channel numbers, press 'Exit'.

*If your unit is a 2006 model or earlier, it will not be possible to manually tune the product. The only way to prevent the signals from being received by the unit (and therefore tuned in) would be to block the signals. This would need to be done by adjusting the signal that is coming in from the aerial. Please contact your retailer for a referral to an aerial engineer in your area who would be able to do this for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cant find dvb selection , this is my problem, or new service menu ?

Tuning Menu

Favourites Edit

Creates a list of favourite channels.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Favourites Edit

Not valid in Analogue

Channel List

Skips unwanted channels or edits channels.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Channel List

Regional Channel Edit

Replaces your regional channels with available channels from another region.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Regional Channel Edit

For Freesat

Auto Setup

Automatically searches for receivable channels.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Auto Setup

Channel Sorting by Region

Automatically sorts tuned channels according to the available region.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Channel Sorting by Region

For DVB

UK only

Manual Tuning

Searches for channels manually.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Manual Tuning

Not valid in Freesat

Update Channel List

Updates the channel list while keeping your settings.

Watching > Tuning and editing channels > Update Channel List

For DVB

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I havnt managed tune anything in yet, so cant move on from here, usually i just plug in , do first time insullation and it works, ,but all iv managed is to get bbc chanels.

Try a reset to all Factory default settings?

To Reset by TV programming MENU

1. Press [MENU] on the remote.
  2. scroll to [Setup] press [OK].
  3. Scroll to [System] press [OK]
  4. Scroll to [Factory default] press [OK].

Follow the directions on screen to reset the TV to its original factory defaults.

OR

To Reset by buttons on TV and Remote. (not available on all models)

1. Television power should be on.
  2. Hold [VOL - ] ON TELEVISION & [MENU] ON REMOTE for more than five seconds.
  3. To exit - disconnect the AC line
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Havnt got those options on set up,

okay, what is the model number please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TX-24c300B

okay, do you see these headings on your Install and Retune Menu Contents. Digital Aerial: Searches and stores aerial DVB stations. Digital Cable: Searches and stores cable DVB stations.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have digital aeriel options on or off, same with cable aeriel options on or off
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
From there it sais wired device enable or disable

okay, set those to on, then choose Network channel scan.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bottom left sais not connected

okay, try the First time installation from Install and Retune Menu Contents.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have some channels now but only bbc

okay, that sounds like a cable or connection issue.