Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My wireless Epson XP322 printer won't print using my HP

my wireless Epson XP322 printer won't print using my HP laptop.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please John what happens when you try to print to the printer?

And are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.

do you want to use the dongle in your car to access your other devices for internet?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know John

happens when you try to print to the printer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a HP lap top using windows 10. When I try to print I get a message saying 'printer in error state'.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still the same. Printer plugged back in after 12 minutes approx. Still states printer in an error state. also states ' XP 325 series(network) in error state.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Router model HG658c
Name: Home gateway.
network: Vodafone
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Power off the printer and remove the power to it via the power socket

On the back of the wifi router of it is a reset button.

Using a paperclip, push and hold it in for 10 seconds then release

Wait 5 minutes then power on the printer, restart the computer and tell me if it now prints please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Carried out your instructions. Still not printing.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Do you have another computer there you can try to print from?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

which version of windows are you using?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am trying to print a simple word document. Windows 10 is what is on the computer. both printer and computer are only 10 months old and have relatively small usage. I just print flight tickets, concert tickets and occasional word and excel docs.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Click the windows key and type in

device and click on devices and printers.

Right click on the printer and click printer properties

click print test page

Does that print?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still no go.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you right click on the printer and select remove

then once it is removed, click on add printer and tell me if it is found.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Done all that. Says successfully added XP-325. Asked me to print test page, clicked on 'Print test page'. No test page printed.
Just got a msg saying I should use Epson cartridges. But I am using Epson cartridges.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, a cartridge may be faulty, can you put different ones in and tell me if this clears the message please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I removed the old ones yesterday before contacting you. Then fitted the ones I have in the printer now. However even the old ones were in good shape when I removed them.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, put the old ones back in and tell me if it prints with them please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Old ones back in. Tried to print. told me printer off line.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard in the printer that has faulted. It explains all the symptoms

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Than you Richard for your help. I'm still under guarantee so I will bring it back. I will rate your service highly. Do I still have to pay you.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do and this is what you pay for which is my livlyhood...

If you need anything else, please let me know

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No problem, thanks again for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

your welcome