Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

S3 golf watch touch screen not working

S3 golf watch touch screen not working
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the charger to the watch if it is connected

Then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the charger, turn on the watch and tell me if the screen now touch functions please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Screen still not responsive
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, but I am not sure why you would make a complaint about me indicating I was rude and incorrect.... the rating you only do at the end...

May I please ask you hold of on any additional complaints? And just reply to me here please.

I would like you please to do a reset

To do this

1. Press and hold Light/Power
  2. Wait until screen goes blank (approximately 10 seconds)
  3. Release Light/Power
  4. Press and hold Light/Power
  5. When the device powers on, release Light/Power

Then tell me if the screen works please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had s3 on computer now got update on screen can't get it of It says update garmin. Com/ courses
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Did you do the instructions I gave you just now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
held light power button but screen stays on
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

so it will not turn off at all?

And if you connect it to the computer is it detected?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried an update hoped it might free the screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, did it complete the update?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It said it was updated, now stuck with update on the screen, not looking good
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, disconnect it then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

then power it on and tell me what then happens please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok it didn't shut of after 1 min, put it on charge it went blank for 5 seconds then garmin came up then went back to update, still no touch screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you would consider removing the complaint about me you initially made by taking a second to rate my service more positively, by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, it appears you left and I still have the complaint about me from you.....

I am not sure if you saw my last message the mainboard being at fault and the watch needing this to be replaced.

But if you would consider removing the complaint about me via a positive rating, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer