*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Sony Xperia Z3 was dropped in the sea and the touchscreen

My Sony Xperia Z3 was dropped in the sea and the touchscreen stopped working. I sent it to a company to repair and they have replied with: Unfortunately we have found that there is damage to the tracks on logic board which connect this to the mid-ribbon (this part controls the touch screen). However the cost to replace the logic board is more than the value of a replacement handset and is therefore beyond economic repair. Is there anything I can do to get all my photos/videos off there when I can't unlock the screen to get it onto my computer?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that happened. Did you have the phone connected to a google account?

Was there a sd card in the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have it connected to a google account and there was an sd card in there so I know that most of my photos are held on there I was thinking about the ones on the phone. However when my screen broke a couple of months ago (I am doomed) there didn't seem to be much on google drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just looked at my google drive and there is very little on there and no photos under google photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says I have 7GB of google photos but I can't see any unless they are just the ones on my SD card

okay, if it says 7gb on the google drive then that is a few thousand pictures.

are you on your computer and signed in to that google account now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've found them all on google drive now up until Feb 2016 but I have just returned from holiday and was hoping to get more recent stuff.

okay, There are also some other options if they are very important to you. First remove the sd card and see if they are on it, if not you can try a third party data recovery tool that works on android phones. https://www.recovery-android.com/android-data-recovery.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that work even on a locked screen? I sent my phone for repair and haven't got it back until tomorrow but before I sent it away I tried to back it up onto my computer but it wouldn't find anything while screen was locked

yes, if the storage locations on the phone are not damaged the recovery tool will work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow! Ooodles of thanks!! x

your welcome!

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,also please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 stars!! Thanks