michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have Sony LCD TV 'Bravia'. It has stopped working and

I have Sony LCD TV 'Bravia'. It has stopped working and there is a light flashing at the bottom of the TV. The number of flashes is 2 quite close together then a short gap and then 2 further flashes and so on. Troubleshooting says to contact Sony which is what I am now doing. What is the next step?.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Unplug the power cable from the tv and then try to push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds on the tv while the power cable is disconnected.

Release the button and plug in the power cable back and try to turn on the tc using the remote.

Before trying to turn on from the remote try to remove the battery of the remote and put it back in after 30 second this will reset the remote control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this has not worked.

Please tell me the model number of the tv.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony LCD TV Bravia 46W905A

how old is the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 to 3 years

after trying power cycle is the led light still blinking?

do you see any error message on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still blinking and there is no error message on the screen

When there is no error and the light is blinking that means the tv is receiving power input but not enough power to power on the inverter and the backlight which can lead to a power supply unit failure and it can be the inverter board as well need to be checked using voltmeter after getting it opened.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I get a TV engineer to come round or do we replace the TV?

you can contact a nearby tv technician and get the tv checked you can carry the tv to the repair shop as it will not cost you for an engineer to visit and check then charge you for the visit as well.

You can get it repaired, buying a new tv will be a costly affair.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for your help

Please provide a rating for the time and effort for identifying the problemby clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Thank you.