Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Picture too dark to see. Have free view box connected. Other

Picture too dark to see. Have free view box connected. Other Sony tv works perfectly.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony KDL32W705C. A Sagemcom free view box is connected, but no other devices. There are no video inputs. Current TV seems to work OK but not at all as sharp as I would expect. The quality of picture (eg, excessive darkness) varies across channels, but the older the film or programme, the worse/darker the picture on the screen. Please note I do NOT want to sign up for any further help or any monthly subscription scheme.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Monthly subscription or phone call offer are automated sent by website system and not by me, feel free to ignore if you don't want, however, it seems you have signed up monthly subscription plan so first contact with customer service to get it cancel then come back here to continue troubleshooting.

Also, is the Sony KDL-32W705C TV new and still under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This tv is about a month old from new and presumably still under warranty
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Please press Home button on TV remote, does home screen graphics show up normal/ sharp or also affected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pressed 'home' and images too dark to see
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, lets try to reset the TV to default settings that might help to resolve the problem.

Press Home button on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Settings then select System Settings then General Set-Up then Factory Settings and press Enter, confirm it by selecting Yes to proceed.

If restoring default settings in TV doesn't fix the problem then I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.