Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Samsung smart TV ue40h5500ak and it keeps turning

We have a Samsung smart TV ue40h5500ak and it keeps turning off and on by its self. It is only 18 old. Any ideas what is wrong and if we can fix it ourselves please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does Samsung logo/ welcome screen show up repeatedly while TV turns On and Off itself?

- Is the TV 18 days old?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 18 months sorry, and the smart logo comes up Shahid
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Are there any troubleshooting steps you have already tried so far to fix the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try husband has checked for updates but it auto updates. Just worried this might be the start of a bigger problem ... Seems to be working again right now ?!?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it seems to be when we try to use the remote control it goes off again ... Going off and on again. Won't stay synced with the sound bar either
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it could be failing main board or software/ firmware glitch that caused the issue. I would recommend to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check.

If problem persist/ reoccurs then it would be failing main board issue that needs to be replaced, required main board is available at following supplier for 30 Pounds (cross check the part number written on main board in TV before placing the order)..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-UE40H5500AK-MAIN-BOARD-AV-BOARD-TELEVISION-/322042223783

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you we will try turning it off first and get back if it doesn't work. I guess it is an easy component to replace if need be?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, board replacement is easy, no soldering word is required, sort of plug and play type work.