Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543
Electronics

My Sony Bravia kdl32ex524 tv has just developed a cloudy

My Sony Bravia kdl32ex524 tv... Show More
My Sony Bravia kdl32ex524 tv has just developed a white cloudy screen where picture is almost invisible. What can I do to correct this?
Category: Electronics
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the whole screen show white cloudy picture or a particular part/ area of screen has this issue?

- Does the problem go away after some time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Whole screen is white / cloudy. Does not seem to go away. I have turned it off and then on again after 5 mins with no change. Sound is unaffected. The picture looks as if being viewed as a negative.
Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of t-con board or internal circuitry of screen (t-con board is also part of screen).

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset the TV, replug back in, turn it On and check?

If problem still persist then I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, if TV is out of warranty then entire screen replacement would cost approx new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV at that point because screen can't be repaired and replacement is only option.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.