JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have recently received a second you view box from

I have recently received a second you view box from yourselves and am having trouble setting it up. My router is in the other room and have been trying to connect to the telephone socket in the same room as the TV. I have purchased a micro connection filter
but the modem socket is not the same size as the Ethernet cable that was supplied with the box. Can you help.
Joan E Davis
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Joan, the YouView box should not be plugged into the telephone socket.

It needs to be plugged into your broad band router Ethernet port.

Since the router is in the other room the best way to overcome this is by purchasing what is known as a powerline adapter, this allows you to plug the ethernet cable into a box, which then sends the signal to another box which plugs into your router. These devices can be purchased from here.

There is also a short instruction guide on how to use them which can be found here which may be helpful.

Should you need any further assistance please let me know.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joan, I just wondered if you need any further assistance, and would appreciate if you could rate the service received to date.

James