Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a Panasonic smart tv which doesn't connect to Netflix

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic smart tv which doesn't connect to Netflix anymore. Apparently its because we haven't watched anything for a while and need to re-connect. The Panasonic telephone number isn't available till tomorrow.
Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Netflix only block accounts if they have issues collecting payment, not if you havent used their services.

I would first make sure you can login to netflix from a computer, and watch a film. This proves the issue is then with your TV.

Please let me know the specific model of Panasonic TV you have, once you have confirmed you can watch netflix on your PC.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can watch it using my apple tv.
Panansonic model:TX-L5oET60B
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** to the netflix app on your TV then press the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.

This should log you off, as it appears the TV app has become confused. Once logged off, go back into netflix and follow the option to login back in.

Please let me know if you continue to get any error messages, and if so what the exact wording is.

James

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok it now says do I want to deactivate
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi James. are you still there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can definitely watch tv on my computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes you need to proceed to deactivate (which means log out of net flix).

Please let me know once you have deactivated and then logged back into netflix.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I de activated it and it looked like it was doing something but I've still got the message unable to connect and 'try again' 'more details' or 'exit'
I mnaged to check the internet connection and that was ok? still confused
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I would power off the TV, and try once more.

If this fails the next step would be to do a factory reset, which is less than ideal.

Please let me know if it successfully deactivates after you restart the TV.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no sorry it didn't work!
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Please perform a factory reset by:

1. Press [MENU] on the remote.
  2. scroll to [Setup] press [OK].
  3. Scroll to [System] press [OK]
  4. Scroll to [Factory default] press [OK].

Once this is reset, please then proceed to check the internet connection is work (you may need to setup your wifi connection), and then access netflix.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done all of that and still no joy!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what else can I try
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when I went into menu and go into set up, it takes me to 'system menu' I can't see the 'factory default' anywhere
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i managed to reset it to shipping conditions and it re booted. I then had to put in my wifi code so it was all looking good. still no joy! i unplugged the telly for a while and re started it. Not working.
thanks for trying but I will have to phone Panasonic tomorrow when they are open
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I will opt out and allow for another engineer to assist, as I am out of ideas I am afraid.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please?