Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Just bought small smart t.v ,set it up to Wi-Fi worked

Customer Question

Just bought small smart t.v ,set it up to Wi-Fi worked perfectly for a week . Now suddenly can't go on internet ETC. The world icon in left hand corner had red lines/pattern through it. CHECKED router on other devices works fine. When I press button on screen sometimes it will say remembered details and connecting but it never does. Oh partner has just told me he , was trying to fix problem accidental press some random button on the remote and page were key number was he made all the information disappear from screen, this was after the WiFi connection had gone. Any help will be BRILLIANT [email protected]
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Beverly

Can you tell me please the make and model of the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry been in hospital . Anyhow the t.v is a Polaroid.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear about that Beverly.

Can you remove the power to your wifi router and the TV, so disconnect the power cable.

Wait 5 minutes then connect the power to the wifi router

Wait 5 minutes then connect the power to the TV and turn it on and tell me if it now works please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard sorry everything is delayed but I'm still recovering. Well as for this t.v . I did as you send but no it still would not let me non the net.. when you go to settings and look for the WiFi connections there mine with full power so it's not the range . I had sighed in like you do when I got the t.v . One thing a sign comes up on the screen saying found your connection details please wait.we have waited then the message disappears and goes back to normal tv . I'm I being a bombshell was there a c Ethernet cable I should of put in the back of the router but surely this can't be right because where does the other end go ?? We are WiFi. It's just reading the instructions confuses me more !!!!!!!Thanks BEVS Cornwall
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

what is the make and model of the wifi router Beverley?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is BT router and modem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

On the back of it is a reset button. Using a paperclip, and with it on, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds then release.

Let the router restart and when it has, connect the TV and tell me if it now works please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Modem died after doing this. Cost me £40.00 for a new one. So thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The modem was then faulty Beverly, this confirms it as it was just a simple reset, this is what was causing the initial problem

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.