carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a bosch washing machine and cannot access the pump

Customer Question

i have a bosch washing machine and cannot access the pump housing to clear it of debris as the plastic piece that turns the cover has snapped off. can the pump be accessed another way as the draining and spinning function is not working.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with you question.

Could you send me the model number of the machine and is it full of water?

On most washing machines you are able to access the pump by laying the machine on its side. When the machine is on its side you should see the pipe connected to the drain pump these are normally held on by some form of jubilee clip if you remove the pipes from the pump you should be able to remove the blockages. It is likely that the blockage is what is stopping the filter cover coming out. Most often I find it is coins.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you manage to sort out your problem or do you require more help.