Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Casio cash register 140 CR will not print; ink roller has

Customer Question

Casio cash register 140 CR will not print; ink roller has been changed, Help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Does the register feed paper and attempt to print?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine goes through the whole procedure of printing, normal "rattling" as usual but no print on the paper. Ink roller gas been changed, paper rolls through as if printing normally. James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every thing behaves as normal, it goes through the print procedure paper rolls on but no print on paper. James
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply. Do you have another ink roller you could try in the register. It could be the ink roller is faulty or it could be the print head. Is it a genuine Casio ink roller?

Was the register working fine until the ink roller ran out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried a third ink roller; yes they are genuine Casio spares. The ink roller did not run out, it just stopped printing. James
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi James,

I suspect it is the print head I will look at the service manual and get back to you tomorrow.