Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TX-P55VT65B and reason, both the sky box

I have a Panasonic TX-P55VT65B and for some reason, both the sky box and P44 won't play through the HDMI settings. The TV still works in DVB mode and the HDMI cables are both still connected so a bit stuck as to what has happened. Are you able to help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Were the both video source working with this TV and recently stopped?

- Are you able to select HDMI input in source list that appears on TV screen when press Input button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid. Yes they were both working (Sky box connected to HDMI 1 & PS4 connected to HDMI 2) and for some unknown reason it just stopped. If the TV is in normal AV mode and i turn on the sky box or PS4 then it changes to the relevant HDMI source but nothing shows up on the screen.I am still able to manually select the HDMI input source from the TV menu but still the screen is blank.Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Gavin for the info.

It seems HDMI processor mounted on A board (main board) has got internal issue that is why it isn't processing video signal. Rebooting the TV might help to fix the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

If problem persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware failure/ HDMI processor chip failure and main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the late response. The problem has still persisted after rebooting the TV. Fortunately, the TV was bought at ***** ***** so it has a 5 year guarantee. It has been taken away and should be repaired soon.Just wanted to see if i could manage to fix it myself before having to have the TV taken away for repair.