michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My television has switched itself off and now keeps saying

my television has switched itself off and now keeps saying not programmed
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your tv. Unplug the power cable and try to hold the power button down and keep it held down for 45 second when the power cable is not connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happened maybe I did not explain enough my problem on switching the tv back on the screen says to reprogramme select either cable or antenna but will not let me select antenna hence when continuing the process it comes up no signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we still connected Michelle ?

yout tv is connected to a cable or on a tv antenna?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tv is connected via SKY box to a dish not cable

on which port is it connected can you check and tell me is it on AV or on HDMI

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI

check the cable hdmi unplug the cable from both end and then reconnect it to the tv and the skybox and then try.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE DONE AS YOU SUGGESTED BUT STILL COMES UP NOT PROGRAMMED

You must have checked the cable is connected to the TV and the sky box on the HDMI port. I think it may just be that your TV input for some reason has changed, if the TV is in the tuner input and your Cable is connected to the Video or HDMI input this would give the issue you are seeing on the screen, on your TV remote try switching between the different inputs to see if the Cable Box picture will show on one of the different inputs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there has been no change to the connections and the tv has been working up till now no problems

Did you tryt to chek using the remote as i asked you for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has been the problem I would love to be able to say that the dog must have stood on the remote control during the night but we both know that's not true lol thankyou for your help Michelle

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.