Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have imported an estima with NHDN - W56G HDD dvd audio

Customer Question

I have imported an estima with NHDN - W56G HDD dvd audio unit.
Is there any way to get this great thing to speak english
I cant read japanese !?!
please!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I have had a look and it seems that a firmware upgrade is needed I will continue to search for the firmware and I will be in contact when I find it, hopefully tomorrow.

Carl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
its is a satnav, dvd player (auto link to roof dropdown screen for rear passengers) bluetooth handsfree, tv and radio/audio all in one. I would hope your anticipated update would be able to flash the system to at least display all instructions in English but hopefully do more than that - uk radio frequency? uk satnav? etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, it doubles up as the rearview camera screen upon reversing too.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I am unable to find the firmware. I have spoke to several people today about the firmware and I have mixed advice from them, most of the people I spoke to don't think it is possible to get an English firmware for your head unit because according to some of them it was only released in Japan. It was suggested to me that maybe Toyota will be able help, I don't know if you have a local friendly dealer ship that you could ask, my honest opinion is that they will say it is not possible but I would give it a go.

I am very sorry I could not help I normally don't have too much trouble getting firmware for head units but this time I have no luck.

Carl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey
Why would you give up so quickly! Not worth 33 quid.
Go on there must be a way to change language settngs!
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I will leave the question open for a bit and I will continue to ask around and see what I can find. Where about in UK are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Salford Manchester