Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My Samsung ACE 2 GT-18160 phone recently needs its battery

Customer Question

My Samsung ACE 2 GT-18160 phone recently needs its battery charged twice daily which is unacceptable for operational needs. Google play services is using 84% of battery power even when the phone is in flight mode. GPS and location services are off. Virtually all Apps are as factory delivered and are not running. Phone is also running warm in my pocket so something appears to be running even when GPS etc. is turned off.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob. Welcome to justanswer.

Try booting the phone in safe mode.

Press and hold the power button so that the option to POWER OFF appears on the screen. Then press and HOLD power off till the message to boot the phone in safe mode appears. Press Boot in safe mode. The phone will restart and now check, if the phone is still losing power as quickly as before.

Reply for further assistance.