Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

After disconnecting my HDD recorder - model DMR HW120 - from

After disconnecting my HDD recorder - model DMR HW120 - from the mains it now does not recognise the Wireless LAN adaptor (DY - WL5)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

How long did you disconnect it from the mains?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 8 hours
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, disconnect the adapter, then remove the power, wait 5 minutes, connect the power, connect the adapter and tell me if it is now detected please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says " The connected USB device is incompatible. Please remove the USB device."
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I want you to do a reset of the unit please.

To do this, open the flap at the front and hold the channel up and down buttons for 7 seconds then release.

The unit should then reset.

Set it up again, connect the adapter and tell me if it now functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,Still getting the same incompatible message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the adapter that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the adapter to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,Do you know the warranty period on these?...I've had it over 3 years.