Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just bought an Epson XP-530 Printer and installed

I have just bought an Epson XP-530 Printer and installed with direct wi-fi connection. Everything works except that it seems to conflict with my household wi-fi router and I have to keep connecting and disconnecting between the two. I now realise that I should have set up the printer with a direct USB connection to my computer instead. Can I now just plug in the cable connection and all good to go, or do I have to recongiure any settings ? Please advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Direct WIFI means your computer will disconnect when connected to the printer Mike, you do not want this.

What you want to do is either use it via normal wifi or USB cable

connect it to the computer via USB, then run the installation and choose to connect it to your wifi network.

Once done, you can then disconnect the USB cable and use it over the normal wifi network without having to disconnect and reconnect ect.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds logical - thanks. Will take me a while to follow your instructions and will probably involve me going offline while I do so, so how do I get back to you if I have a problem and / or to rate your advice when I've succeeded ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You return to this web page Mike and post a message or click one of the stars at the top then submit to do the rating.

So press CTRL + D if you want to add this page to your favorites or you can return via the emails we sent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** fine with USB connection so will leave it that way rather than getting complicated. I don't need to connect through wi-fi but just got misled in that direction by the installation software instructions. This way is much better for me.