Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why does my panasonic dvd recorder keep switching to "The

Why does my panasonic dvd recorder keep switching to "The unit has stopped
Press ok Then the unit turns to standby and starts self check after restart" This happens nearly everytime I want to record something or when I am just playing pre-recorded programs etc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit , turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has just gone into standby again when I tried to play a recorded program (could it be the software)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It may be or a faulty hard drive

Can you open the flap at the front and hold the channel up and down buttons for 7 seconds then release.

This will reset it, then set it up again and tell me if it now functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit has now retuned itself and seems to work but I believe it will go off again within the hour
I will look into getting a new hard drive fitted
Many thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and if it fails again it will be the hard drive that would need replacing.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit