Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Sony Bravia TV was working fine last night but I fell

My Sony Bravia TV was working fine last night but I fell asleep while watching it. I awakened after several hours and the screen was black, as I expected given it has a standby option and turns off it nothing is touched with time. This morning the tv will not turn on. No power. I've tried plugging it directly into the mains electricity and have switched on the button on the tv itself, not relying on the remote. Nothing. No lights, no sound, absolutely nothing. The tv is a 2009 model and I've never had any problems with it until now. I've checked the fuses, and even used an extension cord to plug it into another wall socket just to be sure, but nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this and it has not worked. The TV is still black, soundless and unresponsive.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if you press the menu button on the remote, does the menu show?

Are any of the LEDS showing at the front at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what the menu button is on the remote - there is one entitled sync menu. But neither that button nor any buttons on the remote work. There are NO LEDs that show up on the screen at all. The TV is black, unresponsive with absolutely no lights at all. It doesn't respond to anything.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted Kate. This is now confirmed

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I have this done? Do you know approximately how much it will cost to have it replaced?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If it is not under warranty it will be about €200. If its under warranty you return it to your place of purchase.

Else you can get it done from Currys here

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-repairs-problems-371-commercial.html

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit