Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a kx-tg8421e telephone. unable to make a call.screen

i have a kx-tg8421e telephone. unable to make a call.screen read out. connect ac adapter which is connected
please advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the hand unit.

Wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, then put the batteries back in and tell me if it now functions please Christopher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Still the same message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your answer has not solved the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am asking you Christopher if you still get the same message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am getting the same message but it is not solving the problem. Is this the professional service you claim to provide
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal power supply on the board that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no confidence in your advice I have solved the problem myself. The charger unit was at fault. it was not obvious because the hand set was showing live as per the batteries. I would be obliged if you would credit my £20. On your web sight you are given the impression that it is a Panasonic service team. Am I being misled ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get my £20 back