Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

PANASONIC SC-HC 19......When attempting to play CDs....Door

Customer Question

PANASONIC SC-HC 19......When attempting to play CDs....Door opens...Disc loaded. .door closes. ."Reading" .. comes up...Then CD comes up.....Nothing more happens but occasionally short snatches of music can be heard, , , indicator works OK.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Press Home on the printer control panel.

Press the down arrow button until Maintenance is selected, then press OK.

Press the down arrow until Clean Printhead is selected, then press OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand yoy instructions

I am sorry there was a glitch. The solution was not meant for you. You will be assisted shortly by an expert.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Have you tried a cleaning disc? I am afraid to say it sounds like the cd laser is faulty. Would you be looking to repair the unit your self?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is reasonably straightforward,I will repair it myself.....If not advise.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

Normally it is fairly straight forward to replace the laser mechanism as a whole unit. I have searched for some info on what laser is fitted to the unit but I cannot find anything so the only way to find out what laser it is, is to take the unit apart. The disassembly of the hifi is likely to be the toughest part of the repair.

You will need an old credit card or a guitar plectrum these are used to undo the plastic clips that will be holding the unit together.

If you remove any screws you can find that is holding the unit together and then wedge the plastic card between the unit and move it around that will undo the clips without breaking them.

I have not stripped your model of hifi before so I may need you to send me photos to have a look at if you get stuck.