carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Denon Envaya mini 100 almost new...one week old, turned on

Denon Envaya mini 100 almost new...one week old, turned on red light go to charge connect jab cable to phone plug for iPhone and no charge registered...now cannot switch on and no charge light showing. No power at all in the machine...it was fully charged a few days ago and has only been used for 30 minutes, how do I get it working again??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Did the unit come with its own charging plug? I suspect that the iPhone charging plug does not supply enough current to charge the unit from flat.

I will do some reasearch on what current is needed to charge the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it came with a sub cable which could be plugged into a computer or plug able to take the use cable"...I was able to charge the unit initially with the sub and iPhone plug....should I try it in the computer us port?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Denon recommend a 5v 2A but no greater than 5v 2.4A charger plug I think the iphone plug is only rated at 500mA or 1A if it is a larger plug.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I would try a computer port but again the port may only supply 500mA it would be worth a try

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I have found this charger it is 2.4A

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/tablet-accessories/tablet-chargers-adapators-and-cable/iwantit-i24amwh16-universal-usb-charger-10142685-pdt.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I have plugged it into a computer port about 30 mins ago but I can still not get it to switch on and so there is no light showing its charging at all....surely there should be some sign of life after 30 mins.... Also if I am connecting a sub cable to a sub enabled plug ( now not iPhone just a regular plug) surely that should provide mains power to get it going...but again no lights come on or show,....I can't believe denon make something that doesn't recharge with a normal plug...especially as they say it can be recharged through the computer use...in the manual..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for sub read u s b ..... The issue seems to be more that there is no way to turn it on ?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I agree, it states in the manual it can be charged off a computer but also states they recommend a 2A plugtop. Do you have another charging lead that would fit it. It is a micro usb lead that is used on many mobile phones.

After 30mins on the computer I would expect some signs of life. I think you may need to return it as get a replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found a mobile phone charger with the same connection and plugged it in....it's working fine for the mobile phone but again no light comes on to show its charging the battery and no way to switch the machine on or off..... I fear that there is a more serious problem.... If you are out of ideas then I guess I will have to return the item...it may be a faulty battery or a faulty switch, but in that case it shouldn't have worked the first time and then not at all again...
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

As you have now tried another lead. I think the best course of action is to take it back. It is strange it worked fine for a bit. I would recommend getting a 2A or 2.4A charger as it will charge it quicker. I do feel now that even if you had a bigger charging current the unit will still fail to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK...I have sent. Notice to Amazon to start the process.... I am sorry that you had no better ideas than I have had.....and we seem to have exhausted the options... Thanks anyway
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I could not help more hopefully amazon will be quick in replacing it.