carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have freeview through BT Vision, I cannot get ITV

I have freeview through BT Vision, I cannot get ITV channels, Have rescanned 5 times, was OK a few days ago.
I have another TV on the freeview aerial and its OK on that, so its not the aerial.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Could you let me know how the freeview box is connected to the aerial, Do you have an aerial point on the wall and a cable from the wall to the freeview.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

On the tv that is working do you have the same a lead from the wall, if you do could you swap the leads to eliminate the lead. ITV always seem to be the most likely channels to lose I have no idea why but whenever I go to a repair for loss of channels it is always ITV or CH5

Could you send me your postcode so I can check for signal problems in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed lead and that is not the answer. we have 115 and normally its 122 (from memory)
PO21 4TG
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I have checked to see if there is any transmitter work in your area and there are no problems at the moment or any planned maintenance. If changing the lead made no difference I would suggest trying a small amplifier to boost the signal, but if the signal is a poor quality signal the amplifier will amplifier the bad bits as well at the good bits.

here is a small amplifer

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1068388.htm

It could also be the wall plate has started to fail and that is causing the signal loss.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Have you managed to try an amplifier to see if it made a difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All sorted now thank you