carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a message on all 3 phones ;please check phone

I have a message on all 3 phones ;please check phone connection; what does this mean ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know the model and make of your phones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Gigaset C620 - C620a
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the problem is due to your phone line. Have you checked the connection from the base station to the bt socket on the wall? It could be that there is a fault on your voice line or fault with your phones base station. If you could check all connections from the base station to the wall.

Do you have any other phones connected to your landline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked with Virgin and they confirm there is no problem. The base phone rings but when answered there is just a static noise on the line. When we have checked our inside line, I'll contact you again. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,I should have said, just WiFi connected and I have already accessed that !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have now checked the inside line and it definitely appears to be the base phone. Should we replace it ?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

I would suggest before you replace the cordless phone base to try a normal phone non cordless on the line, to completely eliminate the phone line. I am still a little worried it may be a fault on the line I know bt and virgin can sometimes be quick to suggest it is your equipment not theirs.

Have you got a non cordless phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl. We don't have a cordless but we can probably borrow one but not until tomorrow now. Will that be ok ?- I really appreciate your help. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I'll contact you tomorrow. Thanks again
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

Did you have any luck trying a corded phone.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI Linda,

Did you mange to get the fault resolved?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI Linda,Did you mange to get the fault resolved? Let me know if you need any more help.

Please could you rate my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your help. The problem is now resolved as Virgin checked the line from the outside box to the house, that was the problem. Again, many thanks.