*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My sony sound bar does not switch on, the light comes on a

My sony sound bar does not switch on, the light comes on for about a second then turns off again.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the model number of your Sony soundbar please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SA-CT60

okay, Thank you. Unfortunately that is a fairly common issue for the Sony SA-CT60. There is a capacitor on the main circuit board which consists of the power supply and amplifier section that fails on these units causing that condition. It is normally the capacitor labeled C914 which is right next to the transformer and other capacitors.

You can try this, unplug the power for 15 minutes then reconnect and try again, if it fails then the most likely cause is the capacitor. If you remove the back panel and visually inspect the unit you will see the capacitor that is bad if it has a bulged top on it indicating failure. The top of the capacitors should be smooth and flat.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance, also please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!