carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Toshiba DVD / VHS player / recorder with SCART

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba DVD / VHS player / recorder with SCART output. I used it to view both DVDs and old-style video tapes on my old-style TV set, which had a SCART input. But that TV set died and the new, flat-screen TV that I've got in its place does not have a SCART input. It has HDMI input and USB input. My question is: How do I connect the VHS player from its SCART output to my new TV's USB port or HDMI port? In theory, what I need is a cable with a big male SCART connector at one end and a USB or HDMI connector at the other end, but I understand that this might be impossible because the connection really needs to translate the signal from analogue to digital.
Second part of the same question/problem: Are there any modern/flatscreen TVs that DO have an old-style SCART input? And if so, would a SCART-out to SCART-in cable between the VHS player and the TV work ok?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Did you manage to get a HDMI to Scart adapeter?

If you are happy with my advice. could you rate me so that I can close the question on my screen.

Thanks,

​Carl