Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a PS4 that unfortunately had a glass of water dropped

I have a PS4 that unfortunately had a glass of water dropped on it, can you please repair?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Colin and welcome

Where exactly was the water spilt on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the top, i have left the PS4 in a warm cupboard overnight but apart from occasional buzzing it is dead...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the mainboard or power supply has shorted out then Colin, I strongly urge you not to turn it on again for fear of electrocution

Your only economically feasible solution is to get a replacement power supply here and replace this

Click me to open

Only then do you know if it is the power supply or the mainboard thats at fault as if it still does not work after replacing the power supply, then its the maiboard and this it is not feasible to replace as the cost of replacing it would exceed the value of a new PS4.

But in this situation, these are the options you have sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard,
Would you think its worth it to buy a new power supply and hope the main board is ok?
Can you look at it if i send to you?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its not possible to send to me sorry, but for the amount the power supply costs I would say it is worth the risk as the buzzing points to a failed power supply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your advice, appreciated.