Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to mirror image my lap top to a smart TV. They

Customer Question

I am trying to mirror image my lap top to a smart TV. They are recognising each other but not mirroring?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the Laptop, the version of windows on it and how you have connected it to the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite pro running on windows7.
Connect through network and smartview
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What actually happens when you run the Smartview program on the Laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes with the sign connect to TV. Our wireless network number and the TV name comes up. it asks me to select a TV to connect. Next window asks that I select content to play on your TV. I can get individual photos to display on the TV screen, but not mirror images.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our software support will not allow you access. Either way the tried remotely and couldn't sort it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, Smartview does not mirror, it just plays content on the TV, with the computer acting as a remote.

It s working as your getting the photos to play on the TV, but it does not actually mirror what you see on the Laptop, onto the computer.

Its more for casting content to the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do to mirror?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you would need to use a device like Chromecast, you can get it here

www.google.com/chromecast

It works wirelessly, and via a free program on your laptop call google chrome

www.google.com/chrome

You can then mirror your Laptop to the TV

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.