carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Pioneer DEH-X6600DAB CD RDS Tuner with Integrated

I have a Pioneer DEH-X6600DAB CD RDS Tuner with Integrated DAB+ Digital Radio, this afternoon it made a horrible squealing noise while completely turned off, it seemed to be coming out of the speakers and now I have no sound. I have tried rebooting it to no avail.
The radio is still live just no sound? Help! David.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know if there is no sound on the cd function?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl,
There is no sound on any of the functions, everything lights up as it should but no sound at all!
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

I think that either the pre amp module inside the radio or the main amp itself has blown. Would you be looking to repair the unit yourself?

Do you have any amps attached to the amp outputs of the radio.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No amps attached at all just the speakers. If as you say its the amps sounds like a bin job, I will not be repairing it as its probably not cost effective.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

It is unlikely to be cost effective to repair a new unit is 79.99. It would be worth double checking the speaker wiring and if possible disconnecting the speakers one by one just to eliminate a faulty speaker. A faulty speaker may cause the unit to shut down the amps I don't know if this model has output protection but I would try that before I brought a new one.

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-deh-x6600dab_p-31369.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwqpK8BRD7ua-U0orrgkESJADlN3YBLAxSwxl0pstsaL_3-1tZnojJaAAXeD9jG79Xyv9b3RoCls7w_wcB#

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help today Carl, I have just bought a brand new one off of Ebay for £72. The cars going into the garage on Monday so couldn't hang around as they will sort it then, health and age are against me fixing it myself!