Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My freeview box has frozen the light and red record light

Customer Question

My freeview box has frozen the green light and red record light are on constant. I have switched of and unplugged for half a day and when re plugged in its still the same . help I'm not technical minded
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you unplug the freeview box.

Hold the power button in and with it held in, connect the power again.

Tell me what then happens please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay slow in walking from one room to other - both lights are still on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sur this is out of date doesit mean I have to purchase another if so where and how as I cannot get out
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You can purchase on here Pam and have it deleted to your house

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3920888.htm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome Pam

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

So I am credited for the service