Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Brother MFC 56520DW A3 printer scanner, I'm trying

I have a Brother MFC 56520DW A3 printer scanner, I'm trying to get it to turn on, if I unplug it wait 5 mins plug it back in again it starts to power up then stops. nothing happens until you wait 5 more mins and do it again. pressing the on/off button on the printer doesn't do anything? I got the machine brand new 2 years ago? can you suggest anything?
Peter
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Peter and welcome

I want you to remove power to it longer then 5 minutes, unplug it from the wall socket for 20 minutes so all power is drained

Then connect it and tell me if it now starts please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, miraculously having switched it back on after leaving it longer and pushing the power on button it is all working now?
I originally turned it of to re boot it because it had lost its ID with my computer. What is the best way to get it back on line if it falls off?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it was a build up of residue power and it needed to be off for some tie, it will be ok now.

If it does go offline, remove the power to it and your computer and wait at least 10 minutes then connect again.

This is usually enough

Great it is now working, If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit