nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My S79H 4phone system with base does not hold battery power

My S79H 4phone system with base does not hold battery power in any of the handsets. It was brilliant when I first purchased it but now when new batteries are inserted, even following original instructions for charging batteries are followed, the most I can get is 20 mins talk time.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

HiCustomer Welcome to justanswer.

If you have a multi-meter and if possible, check the voltage and charging current of the charger. Maybe the charger which is connected to the base is faulty due to which it is not charging the batteries to the sufficient level.

Try cleaning the contact at the bottom of the handset, at the base unit and the batteries contact also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a multi meter or have access to one. What would I use to clean the terminals with? The batteries when charged over a 14 day period hold charge but never seem to recharge fully. When I use the phone quite often the charge goes before I finish the conversation. Another thing I don't understand is that one particular phone that is used very little and is not removed from the base often, also has the same problem, even when it shows to be fully charged.Would this happen with the answer you are giving me and where would I purchase a new charger if this is the problem ?

Clean it with a sand paper if you have. Cleaning is required to remove any rust that might be causing the interference.

Can you check the adapter which is connected to the base and tell me the voltage and current ratings. Also if you see any model number on the adapter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, there is no adapter, only connecting cable from the plug to the base unit. The terminals on the phones and bases are tiny pins and difficult to access, it's like trying to clean a pin head. Any other suggestions. Remote assistance would not help as it is not a computer.

Yes the remote assistance would not be possible for this request. As it is sent automatically so there is no need to select that option.

You can buy the replacement charger. I am providing you the link to buy the base charger. CLICK HERE TO BUY

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.