carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My Sony bdv n7200 does not seem to be working. It was fine

My Sony bdv n7200 does not seem to be working. It was fine yesterday, but in the evening I noticed it had switched itself off and although it was plugged in, I could not get it to work. I tried putting a new fuse in the plug but this did not help. It is as if the power is not getting to the machine. Please can you help. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Do you have any standby lights on the unit. It could be that an internal fuse has blown but this would mean that there is a more serious fault within the player and it would need to be repaired.

Do you know if the fuse you removed from the plug was blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl,
I don't think it was blown. I have just got the player back from a repair centre yesterday because it was not playing DVDs, so
I would have hoped they would have checked this. There are no stand by lights on the unit. I believe when they repaired the unit they replaced the mother board
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I suspect that they have forgot to connect the power lead inside the player is the repair centre local to you? I am surprised it was not tested before it came back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it might be something else because the player was okay when I got it home. I played a movie on it and it worked fine, it just stopped working later in the evening
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I would suggest you contact the repair centre as hopefully there will be a warranty on the repair. I can talk you through taking the unit to pieces to check a few things but that would invalidate any warranty the repair centre have on the unit. Let me know how you get on.