nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet. She has protected it

Customer Question

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet. She has protected it with a password ***** letters and numbers. Upon switching it on one day a message came up saying "Enter PIN instead of using fingerprint recognition after restarting device to protect fingerprints". The message doesn't make a lot of sense and she has not entered any PIN. She did not knowingly change any settings. I can get into the tablet by switching user to "guest" but my wife cannot access any of her stored data.
Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nick. Welcome to justanswer.

Did your wife set up a Samsung account on her phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

If you don't have a samsung account then there is no way you can unlock the phone without erasing the data.

You can try via google but I am not sure it will work or not. But we can try. Open www.google.com on your computer.

Now log into your google account (the one which is there on the galaxy s2)

Keep updating me.

Once you are logged in with the same google account, then type in google search bar "where is my phone". You will see your phone listed in the first search result. Reply for further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you have fully understood the problem. The request for a numeric passcode has popped up without any passcode having been entered. So there is no way we can access the stored data. Secondly, access can still be obtained to the tablet as a guest but not to all the stored information of the primary user.
Are you qualified to answer these questions?
Nick

I have very well understood the problem and I am qualified enough to answer these questions. You can trust me on that.

I asked if you have a samsung account in your tab or not because if you had then it would have been unlocked in less than 2 minutes.

Were you using the finger print sensor to unlock the tab?

When you initially set up the Finger print lock then you are asked to set a passcode, in case the finger-print sensor fails or there is any other authentication problem. You are being asked that only. But since your wife forgot the passcode, you will need to hard reset the tab. But this will erase all the data. I can guide you through if you want

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if my wife has set up a Samsung Account as she is currently on holiday, but I suspect not. All I know is that one day she gained access through her password ***** the next day she got the pop-up message saying that she needed a numeric code without entering any data.
We can access the tablet through the "guest" option. Can we get access to mainly photos that are stored under the primary user?

Hi Nick,

Open www.google.com in your computer's browser and then type Google Photos. Open the first result that you see. Enter the log in and password ***** your Google 's account and check the photos.

Hi Nick, were you able to check the photos on Google Photo's account?

Please reply so that necessary assistance can be provided

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not able to check Google Photos as can't open up the tablet without the security code! My wife is in Sweden and I will join her for two weeks from today so will leave this until our return. But I am not at all happy with advice thus far.

You have to open Google photos in your browser. I will be waiting for your reply