carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

File type cd player pd-q180f sound through earphones but not

Customer Question

file type cd player pd-q180f sound through earphones but not through speakers. have tried other speakers
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

ls the port of earphones and speakers' jack the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Then the fault is with the port where the speaker' jack goes in. It is not making the sufficient contact. It can re replaced by any local repair shop. And it will not cost you more than £5.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do noy think this is correct. The earphone jack is single pin the speakers are connected by 4 clin in connections
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect that the problem is to do with the final amplifier stage of the cd player which drives the speakers. The headphone socket is supplied with audio a couple of amplifier stages before the speakers depending on the type of amp. Would you be looking at repairing the unit yourself or would you prefer for me to suggest a local repairer who may be able to help repair it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please reccomend a local repairer
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Please could you send me your postcode