Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have a goodmans GD11FVRS50, there is no light showing on the

Customer Question

Have a goodmans GD11FVRS50, there is no light showing on the standby button, but a green light and the red record light are showing next to each other, and on the tv screen it says no signal. the goodmans is not responding to any remote commands.
Have you any idea what is wrong, it was fine when switched off earlier.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the box, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it didn't make any difference, but I just noticed there is no sign of life at the end of the remote control, would normally see a flash of light at the led signal sender when a button is pressed, tried changing batteries but that made no difference either.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a smartphone? Point the end if the remote at the smartphones camera with the camera on and see if you see the lights flash when you press a button.

It can see infrared, do you see anything with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, don't use a smartphone, you need to press buttons on mine, but rechecking there is definitely no output from the remote. Pressing the on/off standby button on the machine doesn't work either and surely that should work independently from the remote.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, the buttons on the device are independent of the remote.

If they are not working at all Barry then we know It is the mainboard that has faulted. Everything else has been ruled out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.