Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 earlier this year but could

Hi there - I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 earlier this year but could not make calls (message:'Not registered on network') sent it back to supplier. Returned and worked fine but now same error message. Checked out with Tesco no problem with account or sim card, I emailed the supplier and was told to do a factory re-set. Have done this but still get the same 'Not registered on network' so no phone facility but all other features are fine. Can you help me please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Peter and welcome

I wont waste your time but if you did a factory reset already, which returns the phone to new, then it can only be the Sim card Port in the phone, the Sim card itself or your account thats at issue.

If they said your account is ok, then I advise you to get the sim card replaced, they should do this for free

If it still fails, then it has to be the sim card port on the phone and the phone would need to be replaced.

It can only be one of these three issues as everything else has been ruled out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sim card checked and Ok. So sounds like sim card port problem then.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

how was the sim card checked Peter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the staff in the Tesco Phone shop. It works fine in other phones too, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** sure Peter, then its the phone, it has to be replaced, nothing else can be the cause

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.