Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Denon dvd blu ray 3800bd. I tried to use a blu ray

Customer Question

I have a Denon dvd blu ray 3800bd.
I tried to use a blu ray lense cleaning disc, the player started cleaning then immediately switched itself to standby. I cannot get it to switch out of standby, it comes on and back to standby immediately. So now I cannot retrieve the disc as I cannot open it.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the player, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this numerous times. It still does not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the power to it, then hold the eject button and with it held, connect the power and tell me if it forces an ejection please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that and it has not worked !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Did it make any sounds like it was trying to eject when you did this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None. Te open display lit up then immediately went out as the player went back to standby.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal drive motor or mainboard that has faulted. As it seems to light up and go out, it points to a short in the board, likely a faulting capacitor

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.