Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

We have an R error appearing on our VP-D20. When I put a

Customer Question

We have an R error appearing on our VP-D20. When I put a tape in, it automatically seems to dislodge/unravel the tape and so it's not playing. Would you have any ideas as to how it could be repaired?
Many Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am sorry but R error indicates a mechanical fault with the camcorder and it would need repairing by an engineer. I may be able to recommend an engineer local to you who maybe able to fix it for you.

Does the tape deck inside the camcorder look clean dust and grime buildup inside the tape deck can cause lots of problems I would suggest trying to blow dust out of the camcorder with a can of compressed air first to see if that helps.

Does the camcorder sound normal when it loads a tape?