nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Core Prime mobile phone and this morning most of my

My name is***** have a Core Prime mobile phone and this morning most of my saved voicemail messages have deleted. How do I retrieve them please?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The messages deleted themselves by the way
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rob. Welcome to justanswer.

There are some software available by which you can recover the voice mail messages. I am not sure if you will be able to recover but you can give it a try.

Reply so that I can guide you further.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.What is the software?The question below intimates that you you may be able to fix this remotely. Is the right?

First follow these procedures then I will try through the software.

Tap the Voicemail icon on your home screens

Have you tapped voicemail icon?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry - I had to do something else.If you do it remotely will it correct it? I don't want to pay £42 in total if it won't work.

I am not sure about it. It depends if you still have that file in trash then it can be recovered. So first follow the steps that I am giving you. Recovering through software is the second option.

Do you have the voicemail icon on your phone?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you mean the voice recorder?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
or voice search?

Check this image

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, sorry Nathan I can't see that on my screen. What narrative would be underneath it?

Can you tell me Rob, were the messages voicemail messages or the audio recordings?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I dialled 121 to recover voicemail message. Then pressing 7 saved them for 7 days.

Which network provider are you using?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Vodafone.

I am sorry Rob, Once the voice mail is expired (7 days) it’s permanently erased and can’t be recovered

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But I last recovered them only two days ago. They have disappeared in that time.

All of them have disappeared?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, it deleted 17 of the 27 and there is no pattern to the ones it left, Some were from this week and some from last November, with others in between being deleted.

Try this:

• Enter your voice mailbox using your personal passcode as you normally would to listen to your messages.
  • Press 5 to Manage Personal Options
  • Press 7 to Manage your Recently Deleted Messages
    • To Listen to Deleted Messages, press 1
      • This option plays back all of the voicemail messages you deleted since 2 p.m. that day. (Note: If you choose to delete a voice message after listening to it using this option, the deletion will be permanent.)
      • If you would like to Save a deleted message, press 5 after you have listened to it. The message will be moved from the deleted folder to the saved messages folder.
    • To Restore all deleted messages, press 4
    • To Erase all deleted messages, press 5
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I dial 121 I get the options Press 2 for Voicemail messages, 4 for Mailbox Settings and 5 for Help

Press 4 and check if you get any option to manage deleted messages

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The options are:
2 Mailbox security
3 Message alerts
4 divert
4 Advance Mailbox settings

4 again

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What will Advance show? - it says I have basic it will reduce the number of options by switching to Advance

Access the advance settings and see if you get the option to recover or not as this is the only way. The messages are stored on the vodafone server and that is why we cannot recover once they are deleted.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, that just seems to give me the same options options I'm afraid Nathan.

Rob I would advise you to give a call to Vodafone and ask them if they can recover as they have the messages saved in their server.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Grateful for your patience and guidance though. Thanks Nathan.Damn technology :)

I hope they will resolve this issue as they have them saved at their end.

Rob please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

Thank you so much Rob. Have a wonderful weekend.