Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Fridge master mtbl140ng integrated fridge not cooling.

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kathy my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Open the fridge and inside on the top right there must be a temperature control and a defrost switch, check if the defrost switch switch is not pushed in and if it is try to pull it out position.

Let me know how old is it as well. Turn on the thermostat timer between 2 and 3

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok do that
Fridge I'd about 5 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok there is no defrost button. Before it was constantly freezing up. Ice forming at back. My husband turned thermostat to zero to defrost it, therr I'd no button as such as just a fridge. Do meant to self regulate?

move the temperature dial to 3 or 4 mark and there must be a push and pull button for defrost if you cannot find then jog the dial to 2-3 and leave the fridge for 3 to 4 hrs it will automatically start when you power it on after 4 hrs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill need to put the thermostat box back (we were checking electrics before we contacted you)
on which will take 10 mins or so and see if this works. Should the power be on when we try the above - as you say 'will automatically start when you power it on after 4 hrs'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive put the thermostat box back on and there is no push and pull at all an I jiggled it but there is no give, so I am really not sure there is a defrost setting to be honest - are you sure?

not a problem not all models have the push and pull defrost button.

As i said earlier set the dial between 2 and 3 and lt the fridge be unplugged if the defrost box is out put it back in and wait for 2 to 3 hrs and then you can connect it back.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defrost box? o you mean thermostat box? what you suggesting wont work I am sure, as we have change dial setting and put fridge on and off several times over the last week and it has made no difference. I think you think something got stuck arund the dial forcing it to say on defrost, is that what you are thinking? I am pretty sure that is not it...in the absence of a defrost setting or button as such, is there a way of telling from looking at the thermostat wiring if this is the case?

When the thermostat goes bad then this kind of a problem starts you may have to replace the thermostat and its will be good if you can get the fridge get checked for gas leaked out.

If you watch carefully to the compressor connections when it has copper cappilary tubes and other grill tube it you notice oil maks any where then gas refilling too is required.