nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Recently bought Samsung j3 and and have installed a sim -

recently bought Samsung j3 and and have installed a virgin sim - everthing seems to work
wifi etc -
however - cannot make phone calls just keep getting call ended and cannot receive calls
from another phone - updates are up to date -
do you know of anyway to solve this or have I got a dud
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Martin. Welcome to justanswer.

Go to Settings. Then press Cellular networks

Choose Network Operators. Let it search for available networks. Once the search is complete, select your Virgin network and then restart your phone. Check now if the problem is still there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no wont work still getting call ended when press phone icon

Remove the sim card and again put it back in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sim is connected to virgin network ok - and have tried removing the card and replacing it
but no luck -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way the sim works in my other phone and it will phone

Press the flight mode and then after 10 seconds, again press the flight mode button to disable it.

If the problem is still there, then try to change the network mode under settings > wireless and network > mobile network > network mode. Set to only GSM and only WCDMA and try again. Restart the phone after you have changed network mode

Any success?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i`ll get back to you tomorrow and let you know - for now

Okay sure. Don't forget to rate the chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Nathan -update - sorry phone still not working - have tried sim in another phone and is ok as well as checked with virgin so not the sim -
thankyou for your help - I`ll avoid buying phones off ebay again its obviously a dud and buy direct from retail outlet next time -
thanks for your help - I`ve learnt a lot about iphones in the last few days I`ll just have to put it down to experience -regards martin

There must be some problem with the slot where the sim goes. Iphones are the best phones available in the market. Go for it.

Please rate the chat positively Martin

Martin, you need to click the stars present on the upper panel to rate the chat. Please rate me positively so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks in advance