Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Trying to connect new toshiba dvd to Panasonic tx-l32dt30b.

Customer Question

Hi there - trying to connect new toshiba dvd to Panasonic tx-l32dt30b. Got picture but cannot get sound. Googled and have found tips like switch to PCM or change to HDMI2 and then alter setup but can't find PCM option on tv menu nor can I alter setup to tell tv to take its sound from HDMI2. Any ideas on how we get sound? Got a potential 3 year old tantrum threatening. Thank you! Claire
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Could you let me know if you have anything plugged into HDMI 1 also could you let me know the model number of your dvd player

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl. We switched the dvd to HDMI 2 earlier from
HDMI 1 with no result. Model no of DVD player is SD5010KB. Thanks! How easy would it be to connect remotely and fix it?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire,

I am sorry but the remote assistance is used for computer problems and would not help with your problem. We are best to carry on using chat.

Do you have any other items plugged into tv like a sky box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes, there is a skybox
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you swap the hdmi lead from the sky box to the dvd player. I would like to elimilate a lead problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - skybox is integrated into the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies. Not very technically minded.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a spare HDMI lead you could try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry! Just the one that's currently plugged into HDMI 2 back of tv.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another tv you could try the dvd player and lead on. I would like to eliminate the player and the lead first if possible before we start changing the setting inside the tv.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No! Looks like we are now getting the tv repair man out, sorry I'm not the only one who's been trying to fix this.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully if someone comes out it wont take them long to sort it. Where about's in UK are you I may be able suggest a engineer if needed.