Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Trying to connect new toshiba dvd to Panasonic tx-l32dt30b.

Customer Question

Hi there - trying to connect new toshiba dvd to Panasonic tx-l32dt30b. Got picture but cannot get sound. Googled and have found tips like switch to PCM or change to HDMI2 and then alter setup but can't find PCM option on tv menu nor can I alter setup to tell tv to take its sound from HDMI2. Any ideas on how we get sound? Got a potential 3 year old tantrum threatening. Thank you! Claire
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 12 months ago.

Hi Claire,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Could you let me know if you have anything plugged into HDMI 1 also could you let me know the model number of your dvd player

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Carl. We switched the dvd to HDMI 2 earlier from
HDMI 1 with no result. Model no of DVD player is SD5010KB. Thanks! How easy would it be to connect remotely and fix it?

Hi Claire,

I am sorry but the remote assistance is used for computer problems and would not help with your problem. We are best to carry on using chat.

Do you have any other items plugged into tv like a sky box?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, yes, there is a skybox

Could you swap the hdmi lead from the sky box to the dvd player. I would like to elimilate a lead problem

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi again - skybox is integrated into the TV.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Apologies. Not very technically minded.

Do you have a spare HDMI lead you could try?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No sorry! Just the one that's currently plugged into HDMI 2 back of tv.

Do you have another tv you could try the dvd player and lead on. I would like to eliminate the player and the lead first if possible before we start changing the setting inside the tv.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No! Looks like we are now getting the tv repair man out, sorry I'm not the only one who's been trying to fix this.

Hopefully if someone comes out it wont take them long to sort it. Where about's in UK are you I may be able suggest a engineer if needed.