Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung s5 mini switches on but the screen stays black

my Samsung s5 mini switches on but the screen stays black
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, power it off again

Then hold the power button and volume UP until you get to a menu

Can you get to this menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still black
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the board that shorts out, and causes the device to reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.