Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Samsung tv model LE37A656A1FXXU keeps turning

we have a Samsung tv model LE37A656A1FXXU keeps turning itself and also while watching looses channel and goes to a snowy picture
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my Samsung keeps turning itself of also I lose picture and goes snowy to get TVs back I have to go though the source bitten to get back to the channel
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.

How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have had the tv around 5 years now and the problem as been around two weeks Shahid
Morris
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Morris for the info.

Does TV show normal picture when it works properly?

Any picture distortion occurs before the TV goes Off/ lose picture etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the picture is perfect and when it decides to switch it goes snowy then I have to use the source button on the remote to get back to the channel
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, one more question, what other video devices/ sources connected to TV aside an aerial and does the problem occur on all video input sources of TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a virgin media TVO box which we have to use because of signal where we live and yes it does happen on other devices as well
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, lets try easy thing first. Unplug TV and TVO box power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn them On to reboot and check.

If problem persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue and either power supply board of TV isn't providing correct volts and causing the problem OR main board of TV is failing that resets it so it goes to default input (TV) source.

It needs further troubleshooting with voltmeter to check power supply board output volts which will help to determine what board is bad to get it replaced. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Shahid will do thank you and will get back in touch just to let you know the outcome
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome Morris. Please feel free to respond if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks and good luck~

Shahid.