Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Saitek Pro flight yoke system is not recognised by flight

My Saitek Pro flight yoke system is not recognised by flight sim FSX running windows 10. It was running fine with Win 7.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Instead of double click FSX, right click it and select properties.

Then click on compatibility

Then choose windows 7

Click ok, run FSX and tell me if the Yoke system is then detected please

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, Richard. I adjusted the compatibility setting as you suggested but it hasn' shown up on the controller settings. The only controller that shows up is my Saitek Thrustmaster joystick which I use for my helicopters and single seat fighters. Interestingly enough I tried the control system on my old computer which is Windows 7 and it works, so I know it's not the controller. I noticed that Flight sim 2004 doesn't, work under Windows 10 so I wonder if this system is meant to work with Windows 10?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

No, it will be a compatibility issue, as it is not designed for 10. But I was trying to force the virtual compatibility which can work in some instances.

But you will have to use it with windows 7 sorry, its not going to work with windows 10.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** have paid £20 already so I will wait to see what Saitek have got to say first as I don't really want to go back down the windows 7 route and I may have a refund issue.
Jim
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, I am not sure what you mean with the £20... I am an engineer here and can only tell you the reality of the situation and that is that Saitek have not released a driver nor is it likely they will due to the age of it (there has been no communication from them that they will).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.