michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Until yesterday, my Epson WF-7610 all-in printer worked

Customer Question

Until yesterday, my Epson WF-7610 all-in printer worked fine. Now when I try to print via USB, it demands that I identify fax recipient settings. I haven't sent a fax since about 1993. And I don't ever again want/need its use.
Have I inadvertantly buggered up the Epson interface (with pdf, jpg and doc - presumably all extensions) through accepting advice from AVG PC TuneUp? Can I resolve this pain?
Any suggestions gratefully accepted...
Steve C
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Unplug the printer from the power and usb and then you may uninstall the driver software which might have been corrupted due to which its not recognizing it as a printer.

Uninstall and reboot the computer, download and install the latest and full version driver software that will make the printer work again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle
Thanks for the swift response. I'm OK with what you suggest up to a point. I've downloaded the driver software (US version) ready to follow your guidance. Is the US driver OK for UK use?
One query: "uninstall and reboot the computer"... I presume you mean uninstall all the Epson folders/files using eg Revo Uninstaller rather than "uninstalling the computer too". That sounds a little too radical for me. Please advise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I see you have requested an additional service for secure remote assistance. let me know when you are ready so that i can send you a remote link to run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle
I followed your suggested solution to the letter but it made no difference, I'm afraid.In desperation I spoke with a friend to whom I described the pop up screens step by step. He spotted that in the printer properties designation panel, I had somehow been reset the printer name from EPSON WF-7610 Series to EPSON WF-7610 Series (FAX) which automatically demanded fax recipient details and blocked any further progress. All worked fine after this simple correction.So, many thanks for your speedy response. Close, but no cigar! Hope this fix works for any future similar requests you receive from IT amateurs like me.regards
Steve C

thanks Steve for letting me know

it all depends on how much information we receive from a customer about the problem to provide the exact fix

if you are satisfied with my support and service you may complete the rating for my service by clicking on stars on top of the page

thanks for using just answer